- Reviewing and assessing candidates for directorships (including executive directorships) before making recommendations to the Board of Directors of STA for the appointment of Directors.
- Reviewing and recommending nominations for appointment, re-appointment or re-election or renewal of appointment of the Directors having regard to the Director’s contribution and performance.
- Determining annually whether or not a Director is independent.
- Deciding whether or not a Director is able to and has been adequately carrying out his duties as a director.
Certain factors considered by the Nomination Committee in order to carry out their responsibilities above include:
- independence of mind;
- capability of the individual and how it meets the needs of the Company and simultaneously complements the skill set of the other Board members;
- experience and track record as directors in other companies; and
- ability to commit time and effort toward discharging his responsibilities as a Director.
Nomination of Directors
The Nominating Committee will nominate candidates who have appropriate qualifications to be a Director of STA. At the end of the office term of any Director or when it is necessary to appoint more Directors, the Nominating Committee will jointly discuss and consider determining the person(s) with appropriate experience, knowledge and ability to benefit STA to be a Director of STA. The nomination of the aforementioned person(s) will be proposed to the meeting of the Board of Directors of STA and the meeting of shareholders, respectively, for further approval.
The resolution of the meeting of shareholders for the appointment of directors will be the majority of votes of the shareholders attending the meeting and having the right to vote.